I'm on summer vacation and I've been watching a lot of TV which includes a lot of news and current event type shows. It has really been bothering me that some people feel they are entitled to give their opinions at any time to anyone. I guess I don't think my opinion is that important most of the time. Sometimes when I feel very strongly about something then I also feel entitled to state it. But, when someone disagress with my point of view, then I don't like it when they are "obnoxious" about it. Maybe what I think is "obnoxious" is to them just passion.
Where do we draw the line? Or do we at all? Is there a point when we should keep our opinion to ourself? Or should we be more tolerant of others and their opinions?
This is what I have concluded for myself: Listen more, talk less. Maybe if people feel that someone is listening to them, they won't have to yell so loud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Jessica, just wanted to say hey and tell you that I like reading what you have to say. Its like having you around, well at least hearing what you have to say. I really miss you here in good ol' Indiana. Love you lots. I have a blog too, come check it out....its missoakes.blogspot.com
Post a Comment