Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Time Flies Whether You're Having Fun Or Not

Do you ever feel like you are just going through life on auto-pilot? I do all the time. I get frustrated with the entire cycle. I hear people talk about how people are selfish (Christians in particular) and they don't do enough of anything good. It's exhausting to me. I see my dad work his tail off to further God's kingdom, and I feel his frustration that it's not enough... in fact, people are constantly telling him that it's not enough. If he doesn't do "enough" and I do nothing, then I think I'm in real trouble.

I've named this blog "self-reflection," but let's face it... self reflection is no good if there is no change involved. I've tried making goals for myself. I always fail. The only thing that I've made small progress in is trying to put others before me like at work and... (oh, that's the only place I see people besides my husband.) So, just wondering if anyone else has any insight about making a difference in the world. The million dollar question, right?

3 comments:

Maurice said...

Just passing through but had to comment. How to make a difference in the world has certainly been the million dollar question for me. I finally decided the answer was to make a difference in the church. But even that proved too big so I decided I had to start by making a difference in my own life as per Micah 6:8: "What does the LORD require of you but to do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" I've found that once the focus is on that then God brings along other tiny seeds that have the potential for huge eternal impact.

Jessica said...

I really appreciate the comment. What a huge difference looking through those lenses could make! Thank you bunches.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess. I have always thought that it isn't about works but rather obeying when God says "GO!" Just listen to Jesus and not everyone else. You have to judge what everyone says and see of it lines up with the word of God. You are a mighty woman of God and I know that you hear his voice. Just listen and obey. Love ya!!!