Monday, November 29, 2004

Thanksgiving

It's a couple days late, but I have a lot to be thankful for. First of all, I'm very thankful that the doctors have finally figured out what is wrong with my brother, and they're hopefully going to be able to help him with medication.

Secondly, I have a very great guy for a husband. He works really hard which I admire him for. He also treats me like a princess, because he loves me. I am a very lucky girl.

Yesterday, I was reminded about how wonderful a good friend is. My best friend Charity called and we talked for over an hour. It was so nice to talk to someone (ok, I'll be honest... a girl) who really understands you, knows your history without you having to explain your baggage, and knows just the thing to say to give you some encouragement. There have been times in my life where I wished I had more friends and felt more than a little lonely. Now, I realize to have one true friend (which I am blessed to have a husband, a dad, a brother, and a sister-in-law as friends, too) is rare and more than enough. All of these people have a special role in my life and, I feel, they were hand-picked by God for me. I am a very, very lucky girl.

No comments: